This repository provides a bunch of scripts that may or may not be of interest for you. They are all free software, but we use various licenses; the license and copyright information of a script are given in the file's header.
Most scripts are categorised into directories, but "bigger" projects are kept
in their own directories. Each directory contains a
README file with
description and usage of each script it contains.
Scripts of interest
Here is a list of the main scripts that could be of interest to the general public:
- The stuff in file_utils is quite useful in my opinion,
mvparent(moves the contents of a directory up one level).
- dddoc, to extract inline documentation from scripts.
- audio/just-play-something, to play random albums on your MPD server; it is meant to be binded to a button on your music box.
- graphics/apply-exif-orientation: the name speaks for itself, sometimes useful.
- If you're a Git user, the git directory could be of interest.
- email_account, to manage email addresses in a Debian + Cyrus + Postfix environment.
How to use
For your convenience, the
bin/ directory is maintained with symbolic links
pointing to the scripts in the other directories, so that you can add it
to your PATH and use the scripts easily. The file extensions (
.py, etc.) are stripped. Only relevant scripts are linked, i.e. those
that do not need to be customised in order to be usable, and that are
not very specialised system administration scripts.
To use the
bin/ directory, add something like that in your
.zshrc or whatever file the shell you're using will source: