README: list scripts of interest
2 years ago
1 changed files
Download Patch File
Download Diff File
@@ -1,11 +1,33 @@
This repository provides a bunch of scripts that may or may not be of
interest for you. All are free software, but we use various licenses;
the license and copyright information of a script are given in the
The scripts are categorised into directories, and each directory
contains a `README` file with description and usage of each script it
This repository provides a bunch of scripts that may or may not be of interest
for you. They are all free software, but we use various licenses; the license
and copyright information of a script are given in the file's header.
Most scripts are categorised into directories, but "bigger" projects are kept
in their own directories. Each directory contains a `README` file with
description and usage of each script it contains.
Scripts of interest
Here is a list of the main scripts that could be of interest to the general
- The stuff in [file_utils](file_utils/) is quite useful in my opinion,
especially `mvparent` (moves the contents of a directory up one level).
- [dddoc](dddoc/), to extract inline documentation from scripts.
- [audio/just-play-something](audio/), to play random albums on your MPD
server; it is meant to be binded to a button on your music box.
- [graphics/apply-exif-orientation](graphics/): the name speaks for itself,
- If you're a Git user, the [git](git/) directory could be of interest.
- [email_account](email_account/), to manage email addresses in a Debian +
Cyrus + Postfix environment.
How to use
For your convenience, the `bin/` directory is maintained with symbolic links
pointing to the scripts in the other directories, so that you can add it